Tuesday, March 2, 2010

FRM - both levels on same day

As we all know, FRM has now been converted into a two level exam being conducted in Level 1 and Level 2. The level 1 consists of the basic fundamentals of Risk Assessment and Level 2 consists of Advanced Risk Management.

Many of the appearing candidates are interested in clearing the FRM levels and be able to use the FRM title as soon as possible for the obvious advantages it provides. Well to those candidates who have the courage and mettle to write both the FRM levels on the same day and the stamina to concentrate for long. I have a good news. Now you can write both FRM Level 1 and Level 2 on the same day(i.e. either of the two days in the year when GARP conducts FRM). So you can now write FRM Level 1 in the morning slot and then write FRM Level 2 on the same day in the afternoon slot. With this arrive the obvious worries about what happens if I clear one part and do not clear the other one.

Though nothing specifically mentioned, my best guess is that, if you are not able to clear a particular level of the exam, you can apply for a re-examination of that level. For instance, If you fail in FRM Level 2 and clear FRM Level 1, you will reapply for just the Level 2. And if you fail FRM Level 1 but clear FRM Level 2, you will have to just reapply for FRM Level 1 and not Level 2.

To me, this is a fast forward track for smart individuals who want to use their FRM titles as soon as possible. But be careful about the exam because it will be a bit hectic and tough to concentrate for long hours on tough problem.

Cheers,
Gaurav Parashar

9 comments:

  1. Hi Guys..thnks very much for sharing this valuable info with us. I have a problem.What does "Enrollement Fee" mean coz the GARP site says it gives one year membership with subscription to "Risk Professional magazine" & "GARP Publication". Does this GARP publication mean the relevant text materials for the exam? if so is it for both levels? Can I pay this fee only and take the materials now and register for November Exam later? Pls shed some light on this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is mentioned that they will not check ur level 2 paper unless u clear level 1. So if you do not clear level 1 you have to appear for both exam. But if u clear level 1 but fail in level 2 u hv to appear for level 2 only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am planning to appear for FRM, can someone please tell me whose books should I refer for each topic in both FRM Part-I and Part-II?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb Post. Thank you for your information. Will it be too much for taking them all at the same day??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful article with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As far as I understand, if you take both levels of FRM on the same day and you fail Level 1 of FRM, GARP will consider both exams a fail since they will not even bother grading the Level 2.

    In other words, do not bother with doing both on the same day unless you can guarantee you can pass Level 1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the most crucial aspects of your exam preparation is practice tests. Along with studying the notes, you also need to attempt many practice questions or take mock exams to gauge your real level of preparation. Ideally you should cover the entire exam syllabus at least 2 months before the exam and spend these two months practicing questions and reviewing the material.
    All the best for the exam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.kidsfront.com/ popular site for education so must visit

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how I came in contact with Mr Pedro after I lost my job and was denied a loan by my bank and other financial institutions due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then I set out to seek funds online where I lost $3,670 that I borrowed from friends which I was ripped off by two online loan companies. Until i read about Mr Pedro helping people with an loan online in which this email was stated (pedroloanss@gmail.com) somewhere on the internet, Still wasn't convinced because of what i have been through until a relative of mine who is a clergy also told me about the ongoing loan scheme  at a very low interest rate of 2% and lovely repayment terms without penalty for default of payment. I had no choice than to also contact them, which I did. Mr Pedro responded back to me. That day was the best and greatest day of my life which can never be forgotten when I received a credit alert for the $400,000.00 Usd loan amount I applied for. I utilized the loan effectively to pay up my debts and to start up a business and today my kids and I are so happy and fulfilled. You can also contact them through email: (pedroloanss@gmail.com / WhatsApp Text : +18632310632)   Why am I doing this? I am doing this to save as many that are in need of a loan not to be victims of scams on the internet. Thanks and God bless you all, I'm Oleksander Artem from Horizon Park BC , Ukrain.

    ReplyDelete